Back in the Game
Welcome to the Sunshine Coast Hockey Association
For new enquiries, please visit the Clubs page where a host of information is available.
Qld Sport & Recreation Restrictions Update as at 9th August 2021
Good morning SCHA Members:
An Excerpt from Qld Sport and Rec in relation to the recent Lockdown ending and the temporary restrictions in place that affect SCHA:
A range of temporary restrictions have been advised and will be implemented from 4pm Sunday 8 August 2021, through until 4pm Sunday 22 August 2021, to ensure the continued safety of our communities.
At this time, it has been advised that:
- community sport (including 'state leagues') cannot resume and will not be permitted for this next two-week period.
- school sport and activities can proceed with only students from the same school.
- Mask wearing is required at all times (including workplaces where physical distancing is possible) is required, except when:
* you are alone or with members of your household
* you are eating or drinking
* exercising with your household or one other person
* it is unsafe to do so.
Clarity on the operation of sport, active recreation and fitness businesses, indoor and outdoor events, will be provided once the Public Health Direction has been updated.
SCHA Board acknowledge the impact this has on our clubs and their teams as well as our competition. SCHA Board want to assure all SCHA Members we are working on a solution for our 2021 season competition and will be communicated to all clubs as soon as possible. Please be patient as we work to a positive outcome and what is best for SCHA as a whole.
The Qld Road map outlines the restrictions, link below:
Covid Update as at 29th April 2021
Hockey QLD has provided all HQ Associations with an update and clarification on a couple of Covid requirements:
- HQ Associations will cease using the Eva Check In app from Saturday 1st May 2021. As agreed on by Association Presidents on 28th April 2021.
- HQ Associations will commence using the QLD Check In app from Saturday 1st May 2021. As agreed on by Association Presidents on 28th April 2021.
- All persons attending the SCHA Facility for any reason at anytime MUST check in via the QLD Check In App.
- Covid update: currently we are no longer operating under an industry plan for Field Hockey (Indoor Hockey is still required to abide by the Indoor Sports Plan). Outdoor sporting venues can resume activities as they were pre-Covid, however you must adhere to the following principles:
1. Check in with the QLD Check in App
2. Maintain good hygiene. Make sure you still have your hand sanitiser available and wipe down high touch points.
3. Maintain Social Distancing off the field.
4. Wear a mask in crowded places and when you can't socially distance.
From 1st March 2021 SCHA facility will not be accepting cash transactions. This advise is under the ratification of the SCHA Board.
Bar and Canteen transactions will be processed via EFTPOS only. This will align with our upgrade to new Canteen and Bar registers.
SCHA Goes Cashless from 1st March 2021
I wanted to confirm that the introductory hockey sessions that I ran last week were a once off and not ongoing. Don't you worry though...keep an eye out on this page for some upcoming development and training opportunities for both junior and senior players!!
Have your say: email me if you have any ideas for activities or sessions over the summer that you would love to participate in?
Regional Coaching Director
SCHA Club info
Sunshine Coast Hockey is played at Buderim at the SCHA International facility on Ballinger Rd. Winter fixtures for all ages and divisions are played every weekend at the one venue. Season 2021 will commence in early March however Clubs will start training and having their sign-ons from late January. To find a Club and for more information, click here
SCHA Liquor Licence Reminder
Effective immediately, our Liquor Licensing Permit Area has changed. Patrons may now consume alcohol within the enclosed fenced SCHA main facility with the following exceptions:
Alcohol cannot be consumed in the Change Rooms
Alcohol cannot be consumed in the playing area (downstairs turf & tech)
Alcohol cannot be consumed in the carparks within the perimeter
The Permit does not include the grass fields playing areas.
Alcohol cannot be brought into the facility.
Hours of operation remain unchanged
Patrons can now enjoy a refreshment anywhere on the mounds and viewing areas around the turf. This is now a permanent component of the Licence.
Please adhere to the Health Advice:
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
Stay home if you are sick
Sign In and Out
Stay 1.5 metres away from other people—think two big steps
Wash your hands with soap and water, or hand sanitiser
Leave a location if it is crowded.
Families can scan once and enter details of additional members.
If your phone will not scan QR Codes, check-in is available by clicking on this link which you can then save. https://my.evacheckin.com/4085xyvt
While as Associations and Clubs we are responsible for implementing the government restrictions, all individuals are responsible for following requirements to keep themselves and others safe by signing in, adhering to social distancing and hygiene requirements.
Thank you again for all your efforts to keep everyone playing hockey in a safe environment.
JUST HOCKEY OPENING TIMES
NEW OPENING HOURS
(Starting Thursday 27th May)
Thurs - 4.00pm-6.30pm
Fri - 4.30pm-6.30pm
Sat - 8.00am -2.00pm
President's cup Sunday 30th May - 10am-2pm
Please message if anything needed urgently outside these times and we will try and help you out.
By appointment P: 0415 109 163
SCHA Office Hours
Monday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Thursday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Register Your Business or Trade!
We are currently setting up a business directory on the SCHA website. The reason for this is twofold – (a) SCHA often gets Grants plus require other services and would rather put the business to our members than outsourcing further and (b) it would be a great opportunity for members to be able to utilise other members knowing the business stays within our community.
To register your name, please click here and submit and we will include you on the listing.
Need a Mouthguard??
CJ Dentistry is one of our major sponsors and offers a whole range of mouthguards at a price and style to suit. For more info - click here